Toxin Free Tub Scrub


I was a 'bleach forever' kind of girl once. Then I had kids.
The first time I put my baby in a freshly cleaned (read: Bleached) bathtub, with the lingering fumes, something came over me. All mama's know that feeling, though may have had it for different reasons. It's natures response to our maternal instincts: Is this right for my baby? Is this this safe? Will my baby be hurt by this?  My friends and I call it "Mom Gut." And often times, "Mom Gut" is right on the money. Call it intuition if you're sophisticated, but when I worry about things relating to my children I'll defer to my "Mom Gut." Usually, I'm right.

So, I decided to pursue a more natural way of cleaning the tub which held my brand-new baby and would allow all of his little pores to absorb whatever was in that water. 
I felt confident when I switched to more natural commercial cleaning brands, but still... I was leary. I started looking for alternatives and read a TON of research about using oils for cleaning purposes and thought, Yep! This is what I'm looking for. 
I made my own cleaner and felt completely, 100% safe knowing that my kid (now kids) would be safe from the toxins found in commercially manufactured cleaning products. 

And bonus, its SO cheap to make. Here's what I use:

1 Small Mason Jar
Fill 1/2 with BakingSoda
Mix in White Vinegar (just enough to make a paste)
(Careful, Baking Soda & Vinegar make a bubbly concoction)
15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil

** We use Young Living Essential Oils which is Pure, Organic, and contains zero fillers or substitutes. You can read about their Seed to Seal process to learn more.

Comments

Popular Posts