DIY Cleaning Solutions & Recipes


Cleaning products were really what got me started using Young Living's oils.
My kids playing on the floor, putting tub toys in their mouths, eating off of the counter... these are all very specific moments I can remember thinking "I sure hope they're not ingesting harmful chemicals". As I learn about the properties of each oil, I'm more convinced that they are a better choice to clean our home. Depending on the oil, I know that I'm using a disinfectant, antibacterial, antifungal, or mold/mildew killer.
And I love that I can include my kids in the cleaning process and know that they are safe helping me clean the house! (They really get a kick out of watching me make up the solutions too....hello, science!)

There are a ton of recipes on Pinterest, but here are some of the recipes that I've used and can attest to:

All Purpose Spray
1 Capful Thieves Cleaner Concentrate (you can also use Thieves Essential Oil instead of the concentrate)
Fill Bottle with Distilled water

Glass Cleaner
16oz spray bottle
10 drops Lemon essential oil
Fill the bottle 1/4 full of white vinegar
Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water

Tub Scrub (seriously, ditch the Soft Scrub):
3/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup liquid castile soap
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp white vinegar
10 drops of Lemon essential oil (or Thieves is a good choice too)
*combine baking soda and castile soap in a large bowl. Add water and vinegar (be careful becuase vinegar and baking soda bubble up together). Add your oil last. Store in an airtight container.

Wood Furniture Polish // or // Wood Floor Cleaner
1 Capful Thieves Cleaner Concentrate
1 Cup Olive Oil
10 drops Lemon essential oil
* Apply evenly to floors with a damp (not wet) mop.

Here are a few more of the recipes we've tried:


Comments

Popular Posts