An Alternative to Ibuprofen


I have always reached for the ibuprofen when my head is throbbing, but when I received my Starter Kit from Young Living, I decided to try making a blend that could replace the Advil.  There are some great recipes for this on Pinterest, but I decided to create my own based on what I know of the properties in each oil. 
Taking ibuprofen regularly isn't super great for your kidneys, stomach, and liver, and while I'm not a doctor, I'm definitely interested in trying an alternative. Why not, right? Here's the blend I made...

Recover Blend
10 drops - Panaway (a blend of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint)
10 drops - Lavender
5 drops - Peppermint
5 drops - Frankincense 
5 drops - Copaiba
*Combine the oils into a 10ml rollerball (I like these ones) then fill the roller to the top with fractionated coconut oil

I rolled it on my temples and on the back of my neck (spine, specifically) and within minutes it had done the trick. I gave this blend to my mom recently and it's worked for her too! This can also be used on achy joints or sore muscles also. Tense shoulders, anyone?

Perhaps there are days when ibuprofen will be the only way to go, and I'm definitely not opposed to reaching for the bottle of Advil when that day comes. But for now, this little concoction is doing the trick, so why not give my kidneys, liver, and stomach a rest and beat the pain with plants? 
Sounds good to me!

Comments

Popular Posts